WEE can use your help! Men are welcome too! Strong arms are needed to help to set up racks (TBA – Wednesday or Thursday) or tear down (the following Saturday, after the sale). Sign them up under your work shifts or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All volunteers must be at least 13 years old, and any minors must be accompanied by a parent or adult relative. No infants or small children (not even in baby carriers) will be allowed during any volunteer shift. (“Wee” LOVE children and want to make sure all remain safe!)
Volunteers have the following benefits:
- SHOP EARLY before regular consignors and the general public. For every 3 hours worked (up to 18 hours), volunteers get to shop an hour earlier. For example, if you work 3 hours, you shop at the private pre-sale on Tuesday at 5pm. Work 6 hours and shop at 4pm. Work 9 hours and shop at 3pm. Work 12 hours and shop on Tuesday at 2pm. Work 15 hours and shop at 1pm. Work 18 hours and shop at 12 noon!
- Food and snacks provided during shift.
- Work Saturday breakdown and earn double shift credit for early shopping!
- Volunteer names entered in door prize drawings!
Examples of Volunteer Duties:
- Set-up Shift: TBA – Wednesday or Thursday prior – WEE set up racks, put up signage, set tables and get the shopping area ready. If interested in signing up your husband or older teen, please email email@example.com.
- Check-in Shift: Saturday, Sunday and Monday – WEE inspect clothing (NO rips, stains, tears, odors, out-of-date, etc.), toys, equipment (check-off verification forms), etc. WEE put all incoming items where they belong and organize it.
- Private Pre-Sale Shift: Tuesday – WEE assist with the check-out process (count items being purchased and bag for customers). WEE work the floor, pick up misplaced items, help with locating lost tags, assist customers with purchases, etc.
- Public Sale Shift: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday – WEE assist with the check-out process (count items being purchased and bag for customers). WEE work the floor, pick up misplaced items, help with locating lost tags, assist customers with purchases, etc.
- Breakdown Shift: Saturday afternoon 12 noon to the finish (typically 4pm) – WEE reorganize ALL leftover items by consignor number. WEE clean up and break down any extra racks. This shift counts as two shifts for shopping privileges.
- Pick up Shift: Saturday at the end of the sale – WEE hand leftover items back to consignor and make sure they check the Lost & Found, put donations in correct spot and make sure they have their correct leftovers. WEE also break down final racks and box donations for Faith in Action (FiA).
Sound like something you’d like to do? Sign up to volunteer!
WEE need YOU, appreciate you and wee’ll feed you, too! 🙂